Saturday 6 August 2011

DRINK, SHOP & DO

Yesterday was Friday plus it was another lovely sunny day so nothing better than just go out!  We went to Gagosian Gallery to see an exhibition of Takashi Murakami, Japanese contemporary artist.  It was wicked.  Honestly, I've never heard about him before but thanks buddha for my friend's invitation yesterday. I become his fan!  Just love his work personally.  It's fine-art with commercial sense, which easy to digest..I love everything that easy to understand. Life is hard enough and I'm a bit shallow!  Unfortunately, photo taken is not allowed and it was last day of the exhibition.  So, the exhibition is about sex that appears in manga, girl with giant boobs and golden penis with a little smile!  I bet that you're start googling his work! ha... 

Right, art stuff checked. Next got to be a chat over coffee! I've heard about this new cafe here, King's Cross, called Drink, Shop & Do.  Accidentally found it on the way to another destination so we stopped to try it out.    Like its name, this cafe serves drinks, where you can shop furniture and do activity they provide (stitching, sewing, etc)   It's like a girl club, having afternoon tea & cakes with friend while sewing a cushion! ummm...  very lovely and sweet place, however, if you're a coffee lover like me please please don't order coffee there. I beg you!  







   

No comments:

Post a Comment